Whether you’re a parent or not, sometimes you need a holiday sans children. That means no unexpected pool splashes, no extra-long elevator rides and no tantrums (from you or the kids). And when it comes to romance, adults-only resorts offer the ideal setting – fall in love with these six luxury resorts.
1. What could be better than an adults-only resort right in the heart of California’s wine region? Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley offers a romantic getaway with views of California’s finest vineyards, backed by mountain ranges. There are 50 luxury guest rooms and suites to choose from, plus a Michelin-starred restaurant and an award-winning wine cellar that holds… wait for it… 15,000 bottles of wine. Talk about a dream destination.
Image courtesy of Auberge Resorts
2. The Cook Islands should never be overlooked when searching for a magical, ocean-side, adults-only holiday location. Island life awaits at the breathtaking Little Polynesian boutique hotel – a wonderful option for honeymooners, the resort’s luxury Te Manava Spa will have you walking in and floating out.
Image courtesy of Little Polynesian
3. Declared a Place of Cultural Interest by UNESCO, Cap Rocat in Mallorca brings together old-world architecture with modern luxury amenities. With a restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, a saltwater swimming pool and a spa sanctuary, this hotel is a fabulous location for lovers.
4. When it comes to adults-only, Twin Farms in Barnard features everything from ice-skating to spa treatments. Their standout restaurant has a seasonal menu that showcases locally-grown ingredients and is designed to tantalise your taste buds. This romantic paradise is found in the Vermont and stretches across 300 acres of unspoiled northeast US landscape.
Image courtesy of Relais & Chateaux
5. It’s eco-conscious, it’s luxury and it’s adults-only: Bawah Reserve in Indonesia’s remote Anambas Archipelago occupies a site in what was once a marine conservations area, so that its six islands, three lagoons and 13 beaches now offer a romantic eco-friendly getaway. Each of the 35 eco-designed luxury suites have either a lagoon or garden view, and with access limited to seaplane only, it’s a truly exclusive destination.
6. With the Taj Mahal, the ultimate symbol of love, just 600 metres away, it’s no wonder Oberoi Amarvilas is a hotspot for lovebirds and honeymooners. Visit the Taj via private golf buggy and learn about the love story of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan, then de-stress in the private spa or relax by the pool and watch the sunset dance across the white marble of the Taj Mahal.
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book these incredible holiday experiences, contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here