Skiing and snowboarding holidays make for a fun and active holiday experience the whole family will love, in some of the world’s most beautiful snowy destinations.
- When it comes to skiing or snowboarding for the first time, its all about building confidence and the best way to do this is by signing the kids up to ski or snowboard school. Classes are set up by level and age with qualified instructors showing them the ropes. For complete beginners I have beginner packages and progression packages depending on your ability.
- Ski gear can be very expensive and kids grow fast, so its best to borrow or hire gear and most resorts will offer gear for rent. Check with me for a complete list of what you need when hitting the slopes.
- When choosing your snow holiday, I have packages where you can bundle accommodation, meals, lift passes and even ski classes for cost effectiveness. I highly recommend booking on the Ski Earlybirds to get the best Value.
- Be prepared and organised. Ski resorts and fields get busy, with lots of other families hitting the slopes and queues can build up quickly. I will give tips of how to save time on the slopes by having everything ready and prepared the night before, this will help you skip the queues! Then head up early to get your gear on and head to the chairlifts.
- Best option is family friendly ski resorts which offer plenty of other activities such as kids clubs, tobogganing and kid-friendly dining options.
- Always choose a resort with a medical centre nearby and make sure you have the correct travel insurance. Skiing and snowboarding aren’t usually covered on a family travel insurance policy, I can help sort out the snow protection premium for you.