As I am one of Fijis top selling travel agents I was recently invited as a guest to fly on the first international flight to Fiji on 1st December. Having this experience and first-hand knowledge of what my clients can expect has been invaluable. I can assure you that the Fijian people are so happy to hear you are coming to enjoy your holiday in their beautiful country.
Prior to opening the borders and welcoming international guests, the Fiji Government ensured all resorts, transport and tourism operators were accredited with the Fiji Care Commitment, following strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of both guests and staff. Protecting you from Covid-19 is taken very seriously in Fiji.
The Resorts are ready for your arrival and are making sure everyone remains safe whilst enjoying your time in paradise. There are temperature check stations, hand sanitising stations and even Resort Covid Staff to answer any of your questions or assist you in any way. The Resorts have their own Doctors/Covid Safe officers available on site to administer your Rapid Covid Test and your PCR test prior to leaving.
You are free to travel around Fiji, however it must be with a Care Fiji Commitment (CFC) provider or to another CFC resort. I can ensure your bookings are made with these travel providers.
Here’s a check list of what you currently need to provide proof of prior to leaving Australia:
- Travel insurance to show Medical cover for Covid 19
- A Negative PCR test is required for all travellers 12 years and over and no more than 72 hours before departing Australia. This must be by an approved company which provides international travellers with a full report
- Your Australian Government International Vaccine certificate. All travellers over 18 years must be fully vaccinated. If you are under 18 years you need to be travelling with a fully vaccinated adult
- Proof of accommodation booking in a CFC approved resort for a minimum of 3 days. This can be 3 different resorts if you like as long as all are CFC approved
- You will also need to have another Negative PCR test done no more than 72 hours prior to leaving Fiji for your arrival back into Australia
If you are seeking an individually designed holiday then let me assist you to book this, and be assured that I’ll ensure you have all the information you need to traverse all international travel requirements with ease, including documentation to return to Australia.
For a good stress-free holiday you can call or email me:
Make sure you print this document out as you may need it when packing or at the airport.
Published: 1/12/21. Subject to change