It’s exciting to think about travelling as the world opens back up.
It’s also important to know COVID-19 does impact the way we travel. Navigating the changing border restrictions and requirements has made it more complicated. But don’t worry, I am here to guide you through the process and make it as easy as possible for you. I will put together your tailor-made Itinerary and provide you with all the current information you need to be aware of when you make the booking, so you’ll know what you need to complete or arrange before you depart – like COVID-19 PCR testing, vaccination certificates, etc. You’ll be in safe hands when you book.
But how do you know if you are ready to book a trip?
As we continue to live with the impacts of COVID-19 it is important to understand that any travel comes with some heightened risks, including:
- Financial impacts (for example, if you need to quarantine in a government-provided facility or your flights/sailing and bookings change).
- Limits placed on your movements or a change in circumstances (such as in the event of a lockdown or a rapid change in the COVID restrictions).
Before you book, consider the below questions, and discuss them with those who may be impacted:
- Am I up to date with my COVID-19 vaccinations? Being fully vaccinated is an important step in ensuring your travel is as safe and hassle-free as possible. You may be denied entry without proof of full vaccination.
- Do I have access to pre-departure and arrival COVID-19 PCR tests? It may be a condition of entry or exit to provide proof of a negative test. Depending on your type of travel, there may be a charge for the test.
- If I need to change plans/cancel at short notice, how will this impact me and what are the possible flow-on effects?
- What is my capacity to undertake work/study remotely if I need to quarantine? How does this impact other people in life, such as, my partner, children or colleagues?
- If going to a high/extreme-risk area, how comfortable am I with the potential risk of contracting COVID-19? What is my level of personal risk? (Consider discussing your risk factors with your GP or usual medical provider if you have questions or concerns).
- Do I have a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy with COVID cover to help mitigate the travel impacts of COVID-19?
Answering these questions should give you an indication of how comfortable you are with travelling at the moment.
If you prefer to wait until things are more certain, that is absolutely fine. Still get in touch and we can still get you all set up in the system, so we’re prepared for when you are ready. Or if you’re all set to book now, we can make that happen too.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook & Instagram
Read more blogs here.