I have been working in the retail travel industry since 2003. Prior to this I considered myself a bit of a traveller making my way around Australia and the world doing whatever I could to make a buck and see the sights in between. My experiences are vast, from camping to 5 stars and everything in between. My travels have found me teaching crafts to kids in the USA on Summer Camp, checking tickets on the magnificent ski resort of Fernie, Canada. Working in a pub in the UK to picking fruit in outback NSW. Finally deciding to settle down after 9 years of indulging in whatever the world could throw at me I felt it was time to get a real job which has led me to where I am today. My first 7 years in the industry were spent in a retail agency specializing in student and youth travel where I gained valuable experience in all things travel including complex airfares which I still love doing today. I spent my last 2 years managing a branch of up to 7 staff before I made the leap over to Travel Managers in 2010 where I still am today and loving every minute of it! Since joining TM’s I have built long lasting relationships with my loyal clients and take so much pride in where my business is today. I can’t imagine doing anything else and absolutely love what I do!
There are still so many countries on my ‘to do’ list but here’s where I’ve been to so far… Australia, Bali, Lombok, Bintan Isld, Fiji, Vanuatu, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau Malaysia, Sabah, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Japan, India, China, Mongolia, Russia, UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Canada, USA, Hawaii, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St Lucia, St Maarten, Barbados, St Kitts
TOP 20 HIGHLIGHTS..
* Hiking part of the Great Wall of China
* Ger Camp in Mongolia
* The grim backdrop of Vladivostok
* Driving up the entire West Coast USA and Greyhound bussing it from NYC to San Francisco.
* Chicken busses through Belize
* Private Island in Honduras, Caribbean
* 1 month on a secluded beach in Thailand only accessible by longboat
* Being an extra on a Bollywood film in Goa
* Stumbling upon a free James Brown concert in the streets of San Sebastian
* Waking up on a junk in Halong Bay
* Almost eating fried spiders in Cambodia (couldn’t do it!)
* Setting baby sea turtles free into the ocean in Mexico
* Riding a pushbike through Central Park
* Sleeping under the stars with Navajos in Monument Valley
* Having lunch looking over the big intersection in Tokyo (you know the one!)
* Taking a very small ferry boat between Belize and Guatemala
* Night snorkeling with Manta Rays in Kona, Hawaii.
* Glastonbury Festival, UK
* Watching the planes land over Maho Beach in St Maarten
* Stumbling upon the Segrada Familia in Barcelona
I’m experienced and able to assist you in all of your travel needs from leisure to corporate, group travel, honeymoons, complex airfares and itineraries to working holidays and volunteer travel. No inquiry is too big or too small, in fact the more complicated it is the more I enjoy the challenge! I work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday standard business hours but I am available to my clients 24/7 so you can be rest assured that if there is an emergency whilst your on the other side of the world that I am only a phone call away and I’ll do everything I can to try and assist you. In addition to this I will come to you at any time that suits you, to help you with all your travel needs in the lead up to your departure. Face to face in a cafe or at your home, by phone or email the choice is yours!